Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Love, Death and Wine: A Journey To Virginia

I think that title would make a fabulous book. Sadly, for the purpose of said book and trip, no one died. I can't even think of a plant that I saw that died.

Oh, although lots of grapes had to die for the making of said wine. I suppose that will have to count for this story. It was a noble death.

However, a few days/a week or so ago, I went to visit my friend who shall remain nameless in an attempt to make her more mysterious. Said friend, called only ANM, lives in Virginia. Obviously, I don't live near there at all and had to travel by plane.

Generally I enjoy planes and trains better than automobiles as I fully support modes of transportation that allows travelers to fall asleep. However, I am never pleased when I arrive early/on time and then notice the plane has been delayed 3 hours to change a tire. Thank goodness for Blue Mesa inside the airport and their yummy blue margarita's. I also met a yarn salesman from Chile who gave me a yummy chinese tortilla thing his sister made him. (yes, I realize a good writer shouldn't use the same word so often, but this writer really believes that "yummy" is the best word to describe both of these things.)

Generally, trips should be jammed packed with excitement, but I have no money and ANM didn't feel like paying for me to go on an Antarctic cruise. I'm over it though. So, we watched almost the entire second season of How I Met Your Mother.

We did get to go visit some wineries/vineyards all over the Appalachian Mountains. Who knew mountains were so good at growing grapes? I didn't, but turns out they were. 5 vineyards later we were in a fun state of mind. I could have gone on forever, but apparently those places close early. I also got a fun, free wine glass at one of the places and yet didn't bring it home it. Le Sigh. ANM will have to bring it to me this summer. (reminder hint)

Turns out, ANM also didn't fabricate the friends she has up there. They exist. I saw them, although I can't remember touching them, so it still could be a very elaborate hologram thing.

So, to sum it up: Wine, good. Rockband, fun. Tapas, tasty. Jalepeno Margaritas, odd.



"Oh, the wrath!" -Grape

9 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

And don't forget: Hamlet 2 = irreverent fun, seeing yet not seeing DMB's bar = friendship crisis, slumber parties past age 13 = still fun, truth or dare past age 13 = much less exciting, and convincing your friend to buy you a mug in Paris and then leaving it at her apartment = mine now. :)

Unknown said...

Oh, and you forgot to mention Indian food. I'm sure your readers would be thrilled to know that you had Indian food for the first (real) time.

the great kali-llama said...

The mug is still mine!!!

Unknown said...

Clearly you don't really want it. I feel I will provide a much better home for it.

the great kali-llama said...

Clearly I loved it enough to not want to break it in my suitcase.

Anonymous said...

Quit removing comments by the Author. No one likes a Blog Nazi.

Unknown said...

It was my comment and I deleted it, not Kali.