Monday, April 21, 2008

BIRDS!

Some of you may have heard- but I had a bird encounter this weekend.

From My perspective:
I'm getting ready to meet Mom in Fort Worth for the Arts Festival- so I'm taking a bath, soaking my leg so it won't hurt. I hear a bang downstairs and I assume it is the cats, so I go on my bathing ways.
I get out of the bath, clothed in a towel and I see a giant crow flying around my apartment terrorizing my cats and me. I scream and run. I run some more. I throw on a robe and scream and run around some more.
Igby actually catches the bird in his little mouth and carries it downstairs, then spits it out behind the couch. I'm thinking- ok, here we go. I will put a pot over the dead bird and do something.
All the while, I'm calling Cliff and finally text him "help, there is a bird in my apartment!" and he doesn't respond. Brilliant.
While I'm franticly trying to contact Cliff, the "dead " bird gets up and flies away! It played dead! This means it is evil. At this point I have no other choice. I throw on clothes (a perk of always having them on the floor) and run outside. A boy is working on his car and I run up to him and say:
I have a bird in my apartment and I can't get it out. You must come and help me. A bird. A giant bird.
He laughs, and I say no- it's scary.
He comes in and comments on Igby- I don't care if you have a cat just like him... there is a crazed bird flying around in here and I hate it. Igby is still jumping around and grabbing his tail feathers- all new meaning to shake your tail feathers.
Finally we (ok, really it was him, I just kept screaming) trapped him by a window and opened it and the evil bird flew out.

From Igby's perspective:
It was the best day ever. Since my claws were removed I have felt like a pansy. Then a Black Beast appeared from no where and BAM! It was my time to shine. I jumped and pounced and put all my months of practice pouncing on random target bags to work and I caught that Black Beast. I caught it good.
Then it flew away. Couldn't have that, so I jumped about 4 feet in the air, grabbed it's tail thing and pulled it back to me. I owned that Black Beast.
Then, the girl who feeds me locked me in the bathroom.
When I was released, the Black Beast was gone.
I think I killed it.

From Zeda's perspective:
I heard a rumble and it puzzled me. I went to inspect and saw a large creature with eyes the color of hell.
I went and hid under the bed until the flying devil left.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with Zeda - under the bed when a beast with the eyes of hell is in the house. Smart kittie.

Sevahn said...

Ahhhahahahaha! This is the best story ever! I can just see you running around screaming. I would have totally caught it for you. :)