Friday, January 11, 2008

Dying From the Inside Out

Recently I picked up my laptop to do some research on Project Runway. This is standard- I'm in a fantasy league and need to make sure I know my stuff.

Imagine my dismay when I went to type something on a blog- only to realize my keyboard wasn't typing!

So I punched somethings hoping it was a simple issue of a funky key combination that had been pressed when a certain cat decided to walk across my laptop. I reset it. I reset it again. Nothing.

My keyboard decided to retire. Without even giving me a two-week notice... I will NOT be giving my keyboard a reference if it tries to run off to a better computer.

And so, tomorrow, I will be taking my computer to Fry's where I will remind them that I DO have the extended warranty. This means they MUST fix it. NOW.

And so, if you know any great ideas I should try- feel free to let me know before tomorrow. And expect a slight delay in my personal response back.


I would like to dedicate this post to Cliff Scott's new laptop and its functioning keyboard.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, the fickle heart of a heartless computer - how dare it retire on you! Perhaps the Fry's geeks can persuade it to come back to life again. We must have blogs from Kali! Our live would be incomplete.

Amber said...

I agree with Charlotte! Thank heavens for Cliff's laptop, I neeed your blog to provide me with reading material!

Sam said...

Grab a hammer & start pounding away at that sucker. Or you could take it in & have them fix it. I vote for the hammer for three reasons. 1) It will be more satisfying to beat the crud out of that thing. 2) It will be doubly satisfying when you get to go keyboard shopping for a new one Yay! & 3) (Not really a reason, but a justification for the first 2 reasons) I always give people the go ahead to spend money that isn't mine.