"KALI! WRITE SOMETHING!
Like... an indepth post about college and how much it sucked. but the graduation ceremony will probably suck more." -Krystle BoiseWell since Krys is so wonderfully adept at putting words together she basically summed everything up. Like many, I have no problems discussing my feelings for Harding University, college and UNT. I think I will take a year by year approach of my college life
Year 1- I was excited. I really liked my comforter. Second semester I wanted to leave HU but thought that I was too invested to leave. After debating for a year and taking electives for a semester, I picked Public Relations as my major the last day of freshman year.
Year 2- Going to Italy, no Greece, no Italy... actually it was Greece. I couldn't make up my mind. Still did not enjoy HU, but had to stay to go to Greece. Greece was alright. I really enjoyed riding camels.
Year 3- Should I graduate early? Maybe? No? Too much work? Yes. Sevahn almost died and had to be rushed to Houston to live. I sent her a care package. My hair was bright red but my chapel checked hated her life and turned me in. I didn't have a Bible class due to a loophole I found. Sev left, Amber and Kelley graduated. Guess I'm coming back. Guess not. "I will never set foot on this campus again if I can help it."
Year 4- Looks like UNT. My roommates hate me. I move. My roomates like me. I stay. I'm taking stupid classes to make up for transferring so late. I work at BCBG and really like the discount. I have an internship, is it good? Probably not. My French teacher is ugly and has bad teeth and terrible clothes and yells a lot. I don't go- mistake.
Year 4.5 (summer)- I find a French course online. Take a lot of classes. Who would think that the lazy Grad assist would actually call the doctor to see if I was there? Not me. Mistake. I talk to the dean. Story of my life.
Year 5- I have my own apartment and cats. I get a promotion. Then I quit. Projects Projects Projects. "Krys can I have you send me more CCA stuff?" I need a job to support my Starbucks runs.
Graduation- I really hope this is fast so we can get out of there and drink mimosas and have brunch. It's not like I'm actually getting my diploma then anyways. I'm walking for two reasons: 1. My grandmother would kill me if I didn't, and I didn't make it this far to be killed at the end, 2. I figured if I walked then I could send out invitations and people would send me money. So far I have $30. This has not covered my overhead cost of invitations.
Graduation is at 9 a.m. and I have to be there at 8. I will be waking up around 6 a.m. on a Saturday to recieve a blank piece of paper and be assaulted by crazy aunts, drunk uncles and fathers and lots of food.
My entire college experience, climaxing at the graduation, sounds like a terrible holiday gathering that would take more than a mimosa and a handful of xanaxs to tackle.
Happy Graduation all!
7 comments:
We'd better get some fabulous, high-paying jobs for going through such a hellish 5(+) years. But don't worry, if the end ever comes - my college synopsis will surely be more depressing than yours.
ps- I've always found the people watching at graduations to be entertaining (in comparison to stuffy speeches)
=)
ryan
bawahaha... hilarious.
this is very well-written. i laughed into my morning coffee. and got it on my pants.
shit.
I'm so glad you appreciated it since I wrote it for you!
Excellent synopsis. I felt like I was there... Well, I guess technically I was during the last part at HU.
good story - pretty accurate too. Yes, you do need to support your starbucks and red shoes habit!
MOM
I messed up on my other post. Sorry!
You forgot to mention for year three "Amber and I finally got to live together, and we ate a lot of sushi and watched even more Friends."
Sushi and Friends pretty much sum up that year.
Post a Comment