So I'm baking cookies to take to work. As we speak my forth batch is sizzling away.
Sadly, my batches have had some uphill battles thus far.
I started and I wanted to make some white chocolate chip with craisons cookies. I'm adding in my flour mixture and the mixer honestly COUGHS it back up.
::COUGH::WHITE CLOUD::DAMN, I JUST CLEANED UP MY LAST SPILL::COUGH::
Then I forgot when to add the eggs in, so I called Mom and she told and my cookies were safe. Whew, wish my counter could say the same thing- cracking the egg in the flour mixture coughed up on the counter made a lovely paste, just in case you were wondering
I thought this would be it. I thought I wouldn't have any issues with proper cookie sizes. Apparently I love HUGE cookies that fall off the cookie sheet and run into other cookies (these cookies never learned about personal space).
In case you were wondering the main problem with BIG cookies is it's very hard to cook them all the way through without burning them.
So the first batch is undercooked with hard edges.
The second is almost black- but came off the cookie sheet ok... first batch wanted to stay on the sheet.
The third batch I made smaller (finally) and it came out decent. Best yet for sure... then whilst transferring the cookies from the cookie sheet to the box I'm going to take them in ::BAM:: it fell on the floor.
I picked it up, brushed it off and put it in the box! I didn't have enough pretty ones to lose one to the floor!
Report: I just got my forth batch out- burned. again. this is friggin unreal.
I'm working on my fifth batch right now- it only has 3 cookies on it. Hopefully 1 can turn out decent.
My co-workers are going to think I'm a terrible cook who burns her cookies! That's not the kinda thing you want your co-workers thinking about your cookies!
"Kali, she's the kind of girl who can bake a mean batch of cookies. And we love her shoes!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'll bake you some in a decent oven here at home - normal size - and you can PRETEND you made them, then they will love your cookies and your shoes!
i love your shoes.
but i don't think i'll love your cookies.
but you, you i love.
Post a Comment